Well, we’re back and ready to finish up our posts on rednecks! We hope you enjoyed Part 1 and fixin to kick in with Part 2.
We’ll start off today with just a couple more jokes in regards to rednecks, and then we’ll throw out for you guys a different spin on the term redneck.
Again, most here in the South aren’t bothered in the least by us being looked upon as rednecks. Actually, we think of it as our “badge of honor!” We laugh at each other, and direct a lot of the laughter back at ourselves…playing the role of a redneck.
In essence…it’s all in fun! As Deb says, “If ya cain’t take the heat…then stay outta the kitchen!”
Speakin of Deb, let’s take a quick look at a few of her alltime favorite tunes…
- If I Can’t Be Number One In Your Life, Then Number Two On You
- How Can I Miss You If You Won’t Go Away?
- I Liked You Better Before I Got to Know You So Well
- I’m So Miserable Without You, It’s Almost Like Having You Here
- If I Had Shot You Back When I Wanted To, I’d Be Out Of Prison By Now
- She Got The Ring And I Got The Finger
And last, but not least…
- His Teeth Was Stained But His Heart Was Pure
So all of us so called rednecks do enjoy most of the attention being a redneck brings. We even tell redneck jokes about our Mama’s! So, by saying this, you see that no one is safe…not even our own Mama’s!
Again, this term, redneck, allows us to conjure up endless stories and tales, and the pleasure of telling them, plus supplies our family, friends, and neighbors with many, many hours of laughter! All in regards to ourselves…we love it!
Quickly, why don’t we do kinda a government supplied redneck joke. This was supplied to us by a good friend of ours…Wendy.
I became confused when I heard the word “Service” used with these agencies:
- Internal Revenue ‘Service’
- U.S. Postal ‘Service’
- Telephone ‘Service’
- Cable TV ‘Service’
- Civil ‘Service’
- State, City, County & Public ‘Service’
- Customer ‘Service’
This is not what I thought ‘Service’ meant.
But today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to ‘Service’ a few cows.
BAM!!! It all came into focus. Now I understand what all those agencies are doing to us.
I would hope that you are now just as enlightened as I am.
Pretty cute, huh? Pretty sad too! Anyway…
So once more, we here in the South do appreciate the term redneck, with the humor that surrounds it! BUT, Wendy’s Mama, Mrs. C. sent us an e-mail just the other day that brings the term redneck into a different light.
Not only a different light, but also it gives “us rednecks” a sense of pride…pride in ourselves, pride in our Country, pride in our religion, and basically, just plain pride in our heritage!
Take a look see, and decide for yourselves. I think that no matter what part of the Country you hail from, you just might come to the realization that we might all have a little more redneck in us than you first thought!
- You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, ‘One nation, under God…’
- You might be a redneck if: You’ve never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.
- You might be a redneck if: You still say ‘ Christmas’ instead of ‘Winter Festival.’
- You might be a redneck if: You bow your head when someone prays.
- You might be a redneck if: You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.
- You might be a redneck if: You treat our armed forces veterans with great respect, and always have.
- You might be a redneck if: You’ve never burned an American flag, nor intend to.
- You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe and you aren’t afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.
- You might be a redneck if: You respect your elders and raised your kids to do the same.
- Some of us are so old we don’t have any elders to respect. LOL!
- You might be a redneck if: You’d give your last dollar to a friend.
- You might be a redneck if: You believe in God & Jesus and believe that others have the right to believe in which ever God they believe in, as long as their God does not tell them to kill anyone who does not believe the same as they do!!!!!
- God Bless the USA !
- Keep the fire burning, redneck friends. You can pass it on to your redneck friends and Associates———It is totally acceptable and might save our Country!!!!
IN GOD WE TRUST!
Now, I be dern if that doesn’t make Deb and I right proud to be a couple ole rednecks…how bout you?
Once again, we wish the very best to you all, and may God Bless you and yours! My lovely wife Deb, asks me to let you in on her favorite saying for you guys one more time…Keep a smile on your face, and one in your heart!
Dub and Deb